Maine Calling!

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
KiltedPhoenix

Maine Calling!

Post by KiltedPhoenix »

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Wiley Coy- LOL no, no its not, just Eric and not very wiley. I probably have not interacted with any of you unless it was over at FB.

Background: I saw my first corvair 30 years ago when i was 12. I finally bought one, this past November. Penny, my 63 700 sedan. She's rokin the 80HP + PG combo. The top side is very "patina" which I just see as a fancy hipster word for rust. This will be dealt with severely this spring. Penny is my daily driver. I am a man of very low to no budget, but I have 2 parts cars, a 63 monza 900 convertible and a 64 Spyder, so, I have options for both repairs and upgrades. I'm very DIY, I hate the thought of paying someone to touch my car so intimately. I'm a maverick, I dont adhere to the normal rules of classic cars. I'm also a recovering engineer so I learn pretty quickly on the technical front. There is lots I dont know, I will freely admit that. Expect questions that some of you more seasoned 'vair guys might take as common knowledge. My repairs/upgrades usually go the way my gas heater saga went, I just roll with it and claim that I learned something from it.

I hope to have many many more years with my Penny.

Happy Journeys

Eric & Penny.
Jerry Whitt

Re: Maine Calling!

Post by Jerry Whitt »

Welcome to the Forum. Will be glad to help when needed.
Jerry Whitt
ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN
Retired
Hemet, Callifornia
65 Monza, purchased new
65 Corsa convertible
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

There is a CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapter in your state. CORSA chapters often offer family-friendly social gatherings, car shows, competition events, technical assistance and training, etc. that can make your Corvair ownership much-more enjoyable.

Dirigo Corvairs Gorham, ME :link: http://www.dirigocorvairs.com/

Corvair Forum member from Maine — George Hertlein — is a resident of Cornville, Maine, a Corvair of the Year winner in 2012, and a strong Corvair enthusiast. You might want to contact him. Use the following link to send him a Private Message (PM)...

:link: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2086

The websites listed in the following link may be useful to you...

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
KiltedPhoenix

Post by KiltedPhoenix »

I am friends with him already, and have known Ronnie Tinkham for about 4 years now, he's the one I bought the Spyder parts car from.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Corvair Forum mobile app

Return to “Introductions”