new member from nebraska

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Me and Butch

new member from nebraska

Post by Me and Butch »

lots of great vair info on the forum ..... so I'm diving in, been a corvair fan for years, no pun intended, so I thought I would try to learn the forum.....looking forward to sharing the journey.... :chevy: :chevy:
1965 Corsa Convertible
1962 Rampside, world champion 1989 KC :tu:
cad-kid

Re: new member from nebraska

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
toytron

Post by toytron »

Yes welcome

Ed Stevenson
Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
Steve62

Post by Steve62 »

Welcome aboard...enjoy the ride!
Could be better, could be worse...could be riding in a hearse!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: :welcome2: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

The websites listed in the following link may be useful to you...

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself. Do you currently own a Corvair? If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you and your interest in and history with Corvairs will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities to resolve some issues or problems.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Me and Butch

Post by Me and Butch »

Wow thanks to all for the warm welcome, I'm in Bellevue Nebraska and my corvair journey started with the restoration of a 62 rampside in the early 80"s. with no internet and no Knowledge of the corvair world as it is today, my best friend and I put together this truck and drove it to the Kansas City Corsa convention I believe in 1989. We brought home a first place plaque and elevated to senior division, great memory. with out too much detail at the time the truck, really to nice to drive in Nebraska winters and 2 baby boys to feed I sadly had to sell her, and cold turkey got out of the corvair light. 25 + years later the itch is back the boys are grown and a 65 corsa convertible is the new family member. I do most everything to the car until its time to make it pretty then it will go to a professional. this week end I removed the entire front crossmember. and will start on a complete rebuild of it to be ready to drive again in the spring. the car currently has a 110 in it but I have a complete turbo set up that will be rebuilt and put back in some time down the road. The car is a true turbo car and I have added some options such as telescoping wood wheel, and am/fm radio. as for the most part I am keeping it as GM did it except for the modern improvements like electronic ignition, 1 wire alternator, radial tires, basic stuff. But for now new front end is the focus and so lets get started with those darn stripped, broke and stuck cage nuts that hold the front cross member in, If you don't want work on one of these cars....don't own one. again thanks to all and looking forward to the jouney.
1965 Corsa Convertible
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Thanks for the brief bio, and congratulations on your new Corsa acquisition! :clap:
...this week end I removed the entire front crossmember. and will start on a complete rebuild of it to be ready to drive again in the spring...
Some of the tips in these videos may be useful to you...
Late Model Corvair Front Suspension Removal

Dave is surely younger, lighter, and healthier than I am... judging by the way he movies up and down and all around the underside of that Corvair!!!

Corvair Upper A-Arm Removal

Pitman arm replacement
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Me and Butch

Post by Me and Butch »

:ty: :ty: :ty: and ill be in touch :tu:
1965 Corsa Convertible
wbabst

Post by wbabst »

Hello and Welcome...Seems we fell into the old car hobby at about the same time. I bought my first car, a 1956 Buick Super Sedan, in the early 80's from an enlisted guy at Offutt in Bellevue. I spent the next summer working on that car and eventually climbed into it with my new wife after our wedding a few years later. Like your Corvair, it is gone but has been replaced alone the way. I am on my 3rd Corvair and love them. I left Bellevue in 1987 and haven't been back since, it was a great little town and a good place to grow up. Good luck with your next Corvair project and yeah you will find this forum a very helpful place to help you with your issues as the pop up.
Current owner
61(x2) Monza Cpe
55 Pontiac Chieftain Wagon

61 Progress here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chevrole ... 7898185672
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Goose-N6 ... 8869056897
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Welcome!!!!
CORSA Member #034095
65 Corvair Corsa "Field Find" 140-4, 4 speed, Hardtop, Telescoping wheel. Rear Speaker
65 Corvair Corsa Automatic 140-4, Coupe
joe moore

Post by joe moore »

Welcome

Sent from my SM-N920V using Corvair Forum mobile app
1962 rampside #3957

Return to “Introductions”