My father's Love

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Mbrannon64

My father's Love

Post by Mbrannon64 »

Hello. My name is Mike Brannon. And here is My Corvair story. I'm 52 years old and live in Marengo Ohio. My Father is 76 and back in the day was a Chevy mechanic for Lex Mayer Chevrolet in Columbus Ohio and was their best Corvair guy and fan. (So the stories say lol.) Growing up we had several sitting in our driveway. Me being young never thought to much about them and as I got older. Other cars were more popular. But as we get older bonding time with your father is precious. He mentioned a few months ago as we were car talking how much he missed these cars. So my quest was on. Searching Criagslist I found a '64 (year I was born) Monza 900 4spd close to us. The car is very clean. Interior looks almost new. Floor pans solid. Trunk almost solid one small hole . And body is solid. Only one hole in driver side front quarter. And hasn't been on the road since '85. So we are enjoying working on it together. Well I'm working and he is teaching. But it's great. I have been reading a lot and see this forum is going to be so helpful to my learning. In fact I'm getting ready to ask for help under the thread leaning engine of Pisa . Looking forward to all the interaction here. Sorry for such a long story. Thanks Mike
SteveH

Re: My father's Love

Post by SteveH »

no apologies necessary! Awesome story! Pics?
CORSA Member #034095
65 Corvair Corsa "Field Find" 140-4, 4 speed, Hardtop, Telescoping wheel. Rear Speaker
65 Corvair Corsa Automatic 140-4, Coupe
toytron

Post by toytron »

Welcome Mike, :welcomeparty:
Enjoy all that time together.
:tu:
Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
Steve62

Post by Steve62 »

Hi Mike, and welcome from Southern California! You have a great story...enjoy the project with your dad!
Could be better, could be worse...could be riding in a hearse!
Mbrannon64

Post by Mbrannon64 »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Mbrannon64

Post by Mbrannon64 »

I know we normally call our cars her. But in this case I named it he. Herman. My dads middle name. Which he found amusing
cnicol

Post by cnicol »

Normally I'm not a fan of "naming" cars but for some reason "Herman" fits yours to a tee. Welcome!
'61 140 PG Rampside
'66 Rear Alum V8 4-dr
'60 Monza PG coupe (sold, sniff, sniff)
'66 Corsa Fitch Sprint Conv. (First car 1971, recently repurchased)

Return to “Introductions”