New Member From Gainesville, FL

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
63 Ragtop Vair

New Member From Gainesville, FL

Post by 63 Ragtop Vair »

Hi, I picked up my '63 Monza convertible this past July. I have always had a soft spot for the EM Corvairs since I was a youngster because my granddad had two. He drove them to work from Winter Garden, FL to the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral where he worked as a security guard.

I had been looking for one off and on for years, but finally decided to pull the trigger and get one this year. I looked at several before adopting this one. I love driving it, especially with the top down, and am waiting for some cooler weather to really have some fun in it. Here's what it looks like up at Lake Butler.
Attachments
Lk Butler Vair1 2016.jpg
Lk Butler Vair 2016.jpg
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New Member From Gainesville, FL

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: :welcome2: :not worthy: Welcome to the Corvair Forum! That is a great looking 1963 Monza convertible! I love the color combination!!

Having the proper reference materials — including the factory shop manual — is important. You can download all of these references at no cost onto your computer in Adobe Reader (.pdf) format from the link below.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, and your goals for the Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Nice car. Everyone should own a convertible once in their life.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
toytron

Post by toytron »

Welcome. Beautiful example of an early model.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Corvair Forum mobile app
Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
63 Ragtop Vair

Post by 63 Ragtop Vair »

Thanks, Brad. I had a friend clue me in on what to look for before I bought it. She also recommended I join this forum, as well as others, to gain knowledge and contacts. Thanks to her, I had the Serenska checklist of what to look for and what to avoid, especially for Corvair convertibles, and it helped me avoid a "nice" LM convertible that had door sag. I was lucky enough to pick up the '61 Corvair shop manual and the '62-'63 supplement at a local antique shop this summer. The original owner's papers are in the Chevy envelope/pack in the glove box too.

As a newbie I appreciate all your comments, thanks!

By the way, Brad, we visit your area each summer. We hang out in Franklin and go to Jack Rabbit Park to visit the lake, and also travel to Hiawassee.

Russ

Return to “Introductions”