hubcaps

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
pgaddy

hubcaps

Post by pgaddy »

[img]http://img_0737.jpg[img]

I have been restoring my 1966 Monza convertible for the last 2 years replacing the electrical system, rocker panels, rubber gaskets, insulation, brake lines, gas pump, gas lines, most of the chrome, steering wheel, emergency brake, tires, reupholster and repainting the car. I have a small oil leak which I have a mechanic friend who is going to help me fix in the next couple of weeks and a 13" spinner wired hubcap missing a couple of spokes that I am looking to replace with a decent one if I can find one. Anyone out there have one or two they like to sell or know of any would appreciate the help as I am close to completing my restoration but won't consider it done till the hubcaps match.
Last edited by pgaddy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pgaddy

Re: hubcaps added info

Post by pgaddy »

When I wrote before I should have included some back ground information. I recently moved to Marina Del Rey, California from Fort Meyers, Florida where I purchased my 66 Corvair Monza Convertible from an elderly gentleman's family who stated he was the original owner. I bought the car on a whim to restore while my wife was starting a new career as a nurse, I am retired and have never tried my hand at restoring a car before this endeavor. Thank god for Clark's Corvair parts! In any event I am still working on the fine tuning of the restoration process and plan to post some pictures real soon to show what I've done.
wbabst

Re: hubcaps

Post by wbabst »

Hello and Welcome. Please do post pics I know that I love seeing what other people are doing. I am up in Seattle area from SoCal. My wife insists we are moving back ASAP. I can't help with the hubcaps, but I am sure that if you keep up in here someone will have one or will have lead for you to one. Keep your eye on Ebay also, lots of parts show up on there and sometimes at a really good price.
Current owner
61(x2) Monza Cpe
55 Pontiac Chieftain Wagon

61 Progress here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chevrole ... 7898185672
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Goose-N6 ... 8869056897
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

There are THREE clubs in the L.A. area. Come to one and you may get lucky on a hubcap. I think SCC that meets in Redondo Bch. may be the closest to you. They just changed there meetings to the third Monday of the month.

I also have a 66 convertible I'm rebuilding. Sorry no hubcaps to sell.

You might try contacting Jeff at California Corvair in the L.A. area. Another possibility is Dave a.k.a. "Davemothead" who has a good supply of used parts in Lancaster that is north of L.A.
JeffM

Post by JeffM »

I know you are looking for wires but I have a set of the optional "mag" wheel covers from my 65 corsa vert if you have any interest.
Jeff Babiash
Amarillo, TX
pgaddy

Post by pgaddy »

IMG_0757[1].jpg
IMG_0756[1].jpg
IMG_0743[2].jpg
IMG_0755[1].jpg
IMG_0739[1].jpg
IMG_0739[1].jpg (78.95 KiB) Viewed 458 times
IMG_0738[2].jpg
IMG_0738[2].jpg (81.04 KiB) Viewed 458 times
Okay I got some photos and I figured out how to post them. Still looking for that elusive hubcap or a couple of the wire struts to repair the one I have.
IMG_0737[1].jpg
IMG_0737[1].jpg (81.73 KiB) Viewed 458 times
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: :coolphotos:

The following thread may be of some interest to you...

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=5824&p=39749&hili ... ing#p39749

Also, did you check with the Corvair Ranch in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania to see if they might have the wire wheel cover you need?

:link: http://www.corvairranch.com/
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Introductions”